Karnataka Public Lands Corporation Ltd (KPLC) is a fully Government owned Company established
on 1-12-2008, to deal with the matters relating to lands belonging to Government of Karnataka or satutary bodies. The mandate of the company is to secure thousands of acres of government land, recovered from encroachers and ensure its proper utilization.
The main objectives of the company are as follows:
- To buy, sell or otherwise deal in land especially land belonging to Government of Karnataka or any other Statutory Body in the State
- To develop Land and act as colonizer and to prepare estimates, plans, designs, specifications and do such other things or acts that are related to development of land.
- To buy and sell, let on lease, hire or otherwise acquire any property and the rights or privileges, either as a broker or as an agent or as an auctionair, which the Company thinks necessary or convenient for the purpose of its business in immovable property
- To collect and maintain details of Govt Lands, encroachments of Government land and to allot evicted government land to different government departments.
- To keep the protected land from encroachment by fencing and posting security and to work out proposal for proper utilization of these lands.
- To apply for tender, purchase or otherwise acquire any contracts, licenses and concessions for or in relation to the objects or business herein mentioned or any of them and to undertake, execute, carry on, dispose off or otherwise turn to account the same.
- To purchase, take on lease, hire, or otherwise acquire any real and personal property and any rights or privileges, which the company thinks necessary or convenient for the purpose of its business. To let on lease or on hire purchase system or to lend or otherwise dispose of any property belonging to the company.
- To acquire, lease, build, construct, alter, maintain, enlarge, pull down, remove or replace and to work, manage any building, offices and conveniences which any seem calculated directly or indirectly to advance the interest of the company and to join with any other person or company in doing any of these things.
- To engage and carry on the business of development and promotions of financial, commercial and industrial disciplines relating to land and to execute and carry on all kind of economical, industrial, statistical and technical surveys and research relating to land.
- To carry on the business of undertaking and setting up infrastructure project on turn key basis and to carry on the business of exploring, developing, supplying, importing, exporting the infrastructure technical know-how, scientific formulae and process relevant to their establishments and installations.
1.Particulars of organization, Functions and Duties
|Date of Incorporation||1 Dec, 2008|
|Type of Company||Fully Government owned Company, registered under the Companies Act, 1956.|
|Administrative Department||Revenue Department, Government of Karnataka|
2.Rules,Regulations for discharge of function
The overall objectives and framework of rules and regulations of the Company are laid down in the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company. Company, while discharging its functions, is guided by manuals, policy and guidelines, which are periodically reviewed and updated. In addition, the Company follows the directives and guidelines issued by the Government of Karnataka on various matters.
3.Information available in an electronic form
The information relating to Company Profile / Business is available on Company website
4.Facilities available for obtaining information
Citizens desirous of obtaining information may visit the company website. KPLC has also hosted on its website, the list of Information Officers under the Right to Information Act. (Website address)